Recognizing Youth Achievements
2023 HMA Scholarship Awards
Since 2006, the Huron Manufacturing Association & Libro Credit Union have provided HMA Scholarship Awards supporting over 80 Huron County youth. We are honored again to offer the 2023 HMA Scholarship Awards, with various Scholarships of $1,000.00 and $500.00 in the following categories:
- The Graduate/Apprenticeship Scholarship Award – for Huron County residents/previous students enrolled or graduated from a post-secondary skilled trade/apprenticeship program.
- The Specialist High Skills Major Scholarship Award (SHSMSA) – for students enrolled in a Huron County Secondary School in Grade 11 or 12 SHSM course for Manufacturing and Trades.
Please see the 2023 HMA Scholarship Award Online Application Form below or download the PDF version.
The application deadline has been extended to Monday, November 27, 2023.
2023 HMA Scholarship Award presentation – Friday, December 8, @ 6:00 pm at Maelstrom Winery
In recent years, Progressive Turf Equipment, Community Futures Huron, Britespan Building Systems, and Huron County Economic Development have generously supported this program. If you are interested in sponsoring an additional HMA Scholarship Award, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The HMA Board of Directors and their long-standing partner Libro Credit Union are keen to carry on the tradition of awarding scholarships to our local high school students and graduates.
There are two ways to apply:
- Complete the online form below, add required documents & click submit.
- OR Download the PDF 2023 HMA Scholarship Application Form complete then return to: email@example.com with all required documents attached in the email.
Your Application (online or by email) MUST include all of the FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS to be considered for a Scholarship Award:
- In 150 – 350 words explain why you call Huron County Home
- In 450 words or less, tell us about some experiences growing up that helped you discover your interest in skilled trades
- Please list any certifications you have completed
- A letter of reference from a teacher or employer
- Any photographs to support your application
This Scholarship application is currently closed for submissions. Please check again in October.
Last Year’s 2022 HMA Scholarship Award Results!
Thank you to all who supported, applied, and attended the HMA Scholarship Awards at Maelstrom Winery on Friday, November 25 2022. Special thanks to the teachers of Avon Maitland District School Board and Huron Perth Catholic District School Board, for encouraging their students to explore manufacturing as a choice of employment, and encouraging students past and present, to apply for the HMA Scholarship Awards, year after year.
Congratulations to the recipients;
- 2022 HMA and Progressive Turf SHSM (Specialist High Skills Major) Scholarship Award of $500 to Cash DeJong, currently a student at Central Huron Secondary School.
- 2022 HMA and Libro Credit Union Apprentice Scholarship Award of $1000 to Drew Bechard, a graduate of St Annes Catholic Secondary School, currently apprenticing as a Sheet Metal Worker at AirTech Heating & Cooling.
- 2022 HMA and Libro Credit Union Apprentice Scholarship Award of $1000 to Alex Boven, a graduate of St Annes Catholic Secondary School, currently apprenticing as an Electrician at Goderich Electric.
- The 2022 HMA and Libro Credit Union SHSM Specialist High Skills Major Scholarship Award of $1000 to Carson Sillib, a current student at Central Huron Secondary School in SHSM (CHSS Manufacturing + Welding/Plumbing) also currently completing the Dual Credit at Conestoga Reuters Campus in welding and plumbing. The Dual Credit Program allows eligible students in high school to take college or apprenticeship courses.
- 2022 HMA and Libro Credit Union SHSM Specialist High Skills Major Scholarship Award of $1000 to Alexis Eveland, a current student at Central Huron Secondary School in SHSM Manufacturing Major, a previous student in Grades 9 – 11 at St Anne’s Catholic Secondary School in their SHSM Construction Technology program.
- 2022 HMA and Britespan Building Systems SHSM Specialist High Skills Major Scholarship Award of $500 to Preston Eadie, a current student at FE Madill Secondary School.
- 2022 HMA and Huron County Economic Development SHSM Specialist High Skills Major Scholarship Award of $1000 to Olivia Story, a current student at Central Huron Secondary School in SHSM Manufacturing, a previous student of Conestoga Electrical completing the Dual Credit. “Olivia may not be unaware, but she was a leader in class, this was reflective of her final mark. Olivia achieved the highest mark in the class”, Conestoga College teacher.
Thank you to all SPONSORS and Congratulations to all 2022 RECIPIENTS on their achievements!