2021 Year In Review
The Huron Manufacturing Association
From the HMA Board of Directors, facilitator & HMA GEARS Team
We wish you all the best throughout 2022! Due to the COVID-19 pandemic continuing into 2021, the HMA moved away from in-person events to virtual events. That same year, we were fortunate to receive funding for several projects intending to provide increased value to HMA membership.
Funded by RRRF – Regional Relief and Recovery Fund with Community Futures Huron to provide a supportive confidential review of Employment Attraction & Retention processes for nine HMA manufacturers including Britespan Building Systems Inc, Compass Minerals, Cowbell Brewing, Design Concrete Limited, General Coach Canada, Hayters Turkey Farm, Hensall Co-op, McCann Redi-Mix Inc, Metzgers Meats.
Funded by OMAFRA – Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs and Community Futures Huron to provide a series of five excellently themed videos of manufacturing in Huron County with HMA manufacturer members Britespan Building Systems Inc, Cos Phi & Industrial Drive Service, General Coach Canada, Hensall Co-op, Lucknow Parts/Helm Welding, Northlander Industries, Progressive Turf, Royal Homes, Van Den Berg Millwrighting.
Funded by Huron County SLED (Supporting Local Economic Development) and OJCP (Ontario Job Creation Partnership) to support members with the General Employee Attraction and Retention Strategy. Please attend an HMA GEARS Event, register employees for the Recognition Awards and log in to the ToolBOX. The HMA GEARS Team is available from August 2021 until August 2022.
HMA Scholarship Awards
Since 2007, the HMA with Libro Credit Union has provided HMA Scholarship Awards supporting more than 50 Huron County youth in manufacturing. This year Libro Credit Union was joined by Britespan Building Systems and Community Futures Huron to present six awards.
Plans for the HMA in 2022
Upcoming Events & Features
• HMA Annual General Meeting was held on Thursday, May 26, 2022 – Join us if you are interested in becoming a
• Check the HMA GEARS monthly events calendar supporting manufacturers.
• HMA GEARS Recognition Awards allows registration of up to six of your employees for Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum Awards! Our goal is to help you recognize your employees.
• HMA GEARS ToolBOX will be updated monthly – a one-stop resource for HMA members offering support
with employee attraction, recruitment, retention, performance, recognition, training, mentorship, health and
happiness and employee support.
• The presentation of the HMA Scholarship Awards will be in November 2022.